Promote the ideals of USLacrosse in Connecticut and the growth of the sport

Home
Sponsored By:   DICK'S SPORTING GOODS
/Registration/Family.asp?edit=1&org=CTLACROSSE.ORG
 
 
My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 

CT Chapter Meeting Minutes

Wednesday March 8, 2017

Conference Call

7:00-8:30 pm

Conference Call Phone Number: 866-201-0083

Conference Pass Code: 909567

 

Present Phil Schneider, Rich Heritage, Drew McElroy, Mark Duclos, Ralph Mayo, Randy Bayliss, Lindsey Jardine, Dick Naramore, Sean Cole

 

Conference call convened at 7:00pm

 

CT Chapter meeting minutes from February were reviewed. A motion was made and second to approve the minutes. Minutes were accepted unanimously

 

President’s Report

  • Phil asked Board members to volunteer for the Super Junior event in June
  • Randy said that officials were working on certification for 3 person crews and finding officials for the try-out and games would not be a problem
  • Phil also mentioned that Women’s National Tournament was moved to Yale University and that Board members should actively promote this event
  • Request has come from Don Wilson from Bridgeport Youth Lacrosse for umpires for his youth tournament. Request will be reviewed by Executive Board. Tournament may not be played due to impending inclement weather.
  • Request from American Cancer Society to host a Coaches vs. Cancer event. This does not conflict with USL association with Play4Cure events. Board members are asked to spread the word to see if any programs are interested in hosting an event
  • Constituent Budget Meeting (CSB) has been in August. Request to move meeting to June. A Doodle request will be sent to constituents to see which dates are better.
  • Coaches Education is looking for a location for Level 2 clinic in the fall and locations for Learn to Play clinics. Also Chapter would like to host a train the trainer clinic for new Learn to play trainers.
  • Dick reported that 157 boys umpires have been trained (64 first year, 41 second year, 50 with 2+ years)
  • NCAA tournament tickets – Chapter is willing to promote event and would like to have a block of 50 club level and 50 sideline seats available to membership at a discounted price. Ryan will check with Phil B. to get code for discounted tickets. This would be a value add to membership.
    • Question about whether code would be valid for re-order if we exceeded the original 100?
    • Can tickets be tracked by whole purchased them?
    • Are tickets transferable to friends and family for the weekend?
  • Youth sports legislation – several proposed laws may affect youth sports in CT
    • Concussion training may be mandatory for all youth coaches
    • Youth umpires may have to file a W-4 with organizations to have taxes withheld
    • Head gear for girls lacrosse may become mandatory
    • Phil and Drew are monitoring these proposed laws

Treasurer’s Report

  • Rich reported that tax filings to close the old entity and EIN are in progress
  • Reported that there is approximately $40,500 in account with another $2000 coming from USL in first disbursement
  • PCA Clinic – Fairfield Youth Lacrosse will be hosting a PCA on Sunday March 26th
  • Rich is looking for other locations, possibly in the Northern part of the state to host a clinic.
  • Drew will reach out to Rich Mok at Farmington Youth Lacrosse. He had shown an interest in hosting a clinic in the past.

Vice President’s Report

  • Website – Drew shared new website. It is not live yet. Coaches clinic notes from January need to be added to website
  • Dick asked if registration database will transfer to new site?
  • Dick also mentioned that officials tab needs to be updated
  • Lindsey reported on Meet and Greet at Sliders in February
  • Attendance was low for event, but concept was good and should try again
  • Suggestion to send out invitation through membership and have people sign up using a Google doc to gauge interest
  • Date and location have not been set for next Meet and Greet

Grant Committee Report

  • Minutes from Grant Committee were distributed
  • Mark reported that 2 of 4 grants were approved at $1500
  • Information will be added to website with typical approved grant request
  • Executive Committee approved grant requests

Hall of Fame

  • Committee recently met and created ballot for Class of 2017
  • Ballot will be distributed to Committee members
  • New class will be chosen by April
  • Hall of Fame induction ceremony is on Saturday November 11, 2017

 

Motion was made to adjourn meeting. Motion was seconded and passed. Meeting adjourned at 8:37pm.